Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not a Single One of Any Kind

I was looking over some old notes from Beth Moore's teaching on Romans 8. And they are soooo worth repeating. So from here on out, ©Biblegateway.com and ©Beth Moore and Living Proof Ministries.


But here we go.... She starts out teaching out of Romans 8:37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. "

here come the notes:

*We are meant to be more than a conqueror in ALL these things

*We have been set up for victory by the absence of condemnation.

*If we can get it through our head that we are out of condemnation and self condemnation-- that constant echoing that says "you are not enough, you will never be enough,you will never be good enough, you will never keep it together, you will always fail, you will always be what you have always been"—That echoing condemnation continues to take us back to the pit because we will act out who we really believe ourselves to be in Christ.

*We live out the truth of what we believe…it's not that we necessarily believe the truth… but whatever we're living out…it's what we believe to be true.

*If we are continually feeling condemned, we will continue to act in such a way to condemn us . This WILL become a vicious cycle…


Then she follows with a reference to one of her commentaries. I think Ouden is the phrase from which we get "No condemnation"

*No condemnation –Ouden—Stornger-- no condemnatory verdict, it's saying means "Not a single one of ANY KIND" There is not a single condemnation against you of any kind."

Need more proof? I'm gonna go back a couple of verses....


"Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?

It is God who justifies.

Who is he that condemns?

Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.


Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...


No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God

3 comments:

Brandi Silva said...

Hey Andreea! It is nice to meet you in "blogger world". It is great to know I have a "fan". I just started my blog and I am loving it. I finally chose, just recently, to begin to proclaim the good news to the world through this blog. I finally let go of my pride and fear of "what others might think of me if they knew what a Jesus freak I really was!" What an awesome ride it has been!

Like you, I am a HUGE Beth fan!! She has absolutely changed my life! I am going to her "Converge" event in Houston next week and cannot wait. I attended her Living Proof Live event in San Antonio in Augut......what an awesome experience! The combination of her speaking and the worship with Travis was phenomenal!! I feel fortunate to live in Texas with the chance to be at some of her events.

Yes, you will find me quoting her all the time on my blog. I pretty much quote her all the time to most people I know! God probably speaks directly to you, through her, just like me and so many others, I am sure! She is my inspiration. I too want to be a vessel for Him to use to proclaim His truth and love to this hurting world we live in. Perhaps you and I will quote some of the same stuff of Beth's from time to time!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your encouragement and appreciation. Although we've never met, I consider you my sister in Christ!

Love,
Brandi

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Great thoughts! Thanks for leading me over for a refresher Beth and God's Word accordingly.

Have a great day.

peace~elaine

Brandi Silva said...

Well, the Converge event is this Thursday, Dec. 11th. I will be sure and try to write down every word she says and e-mail it to you. You know she talks so fast! It is going to be awesome!