Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just for Jenny

This one is being posted just for Jenny, cause she hinted that I needed to post again. And she's right.

I was going to post this the other night, but I didn't get a chance to. Thursday night, I was sitting at my mom's computer doing some work for a friend's website, and started thinking about how it always seems that those who are "tired of hearing about God" or those who don't act like they want to have anything to do with Him always propser.... I'm not going to go any further with my thoughts because like Beth Moore says, we know better than to do that. She said in that teaching that we go through times where we think things and we know better than to say them b/c we know that God is way better to us than what those thoughts say, and also we don't want to cause anyone else who hears them to stumble.


And I knew better than to think those things. I did say them to my mom, and at the end of that convo, I came away with, thinking "What is the point of all of this then?"..But then I remembered that Beth said, you go before the Lord and tell Him everything that bothers you and that you know better than to to let them bother you. And after you do that, He begins to soften your heart and work on you.

So I put on some praise and worship music, and a couple of hrs later, I just kept thinking.... There's a scripture somewhere in the Psalms that says something along the lines of "What would have become of me if I had not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living". But I didn't know it word for word...and i knew that it was definitely and "index card verse" I went to look it up, and here's what I got:

"What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living! Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord."


Comes out of Psalm 27:13 and 14 in the Ampliefied version.

3 comments:

jennyhope said...

I was reading this this morning. SO GOOD!!!

Psalm 49
6 those who trust in their wealth
and boast of their great riches?

7 No man can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for him-

8 the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough-

9 that he should live on forever
and not see decay.

10 For all can see that wise men die;
the foolish and the senseless alike perish
and leave their wealth to others.

11 Their tombs will remain their houses [a] forever,
their dwellings for endless generations,
though they had [b] named lands after themselves.

12 But man, despite his riches, does not endure;
he is [c] like the beasts that perish.

13 This is the fate of those who trust in themselves,
and of their followers, who approve their sayings.
Selah

14 Like sheep they are destined for the grave, [d]
and death will feed on them.
The upright will rule over them in the morning;
their forms will decay in the grave, [e]
far from their princely mansions.

15 But God will redeem my life [f] from the grave;
he will surely take me to himself.
Selah

16 Do not be overawed when a man grows rich,
when the splendor of his house increases;

17 for he will take nothing with him when he dies,
his splendor will not descend with him.

18 Though while he lived he counted himself blessed—
and men praise you when you prosper-

19 he will join the generation of his fathers,
who will never see the light of life .

20 A man who has riches without understanding
is like the beasts that perish.

Brandi Silva said...

Wow Andreea, you are not in the Esther study are you, because one of the first verses Beth points out is Psalm 49.....the one Jenny posted here. Wow! I just finished reading it myself!

Well, I started "Esther" yesterday and I can honestly say I am "pumped"! God has already spoken to me in the first two days of homework.

You know how time consuming Beth's studies are so with this being said, I will try to get the notes from the "Converge" event to you sometime in the near future. I just need to find the time to type it all out.

Awaiting His Glorious return!

,Brandi

Brandi Silva said...

No, I have not heard that song. Please send it to me!

,Brandi